Wednesday 29 September 2010

How I Platinumed Heavy Rain




Heavy Rain is one of those games that's completely different than any other. Some might say it's just a major QTE game, but it's much deeper than that. You know the feeling when you're watching a movie for the 2nd or 3rd time and you know the results so you start shouting for the actor to do something else, but of course he doesn't? Well, unlike that movie, if you play Heavy Rain again and completely change the outcome of the story.

But enough about that. I mean ... the title of this post is how I platinumed that game. But what's so important about platinuming a game? I mean what could possibly be interesting in this post.
Well, first of all, anyone who went for the platinum trophy of Heavy Rain knows that it's really time consuming. I mean, get every ending of this game? Come on. Have a heart. But I agreed to those terms and began my journey where I will face my worst gaming fear.

Day 1 (and all other days until the final day)


I began my first play-through which was the fun play-through. I just completed the game anyway I want and got an awesome ending. (No spoilers here, don't you worry) I also got a few other trophies until there were only two left, the platinum trophy and a really annoying trophy called "Perfect Crime".

The Final Day (At least, I thought so)


This is it, I've played through the game one final time, and reached the part where I actually had to take a specific decision to continue on. Well, at least I thought it was the final time I play through that game. But to my frustration, Whatever I did there always seemed to be one thing that my character did, and that wasn't what she needed to do so I could earn the trophy. So yes, I had to repeat the game for like the 4th time.

The Real Final Day


This is it, I was in the same place again, having the same decision once again. Will the game glitch? Well I prayed to God that it won't, and God was on my side that day. IT WORKED! Finally I hear a magnificent voice that is the Trophy Ding, as I call it. And then I hear it again, this time it's the ding of the platinum trophy.
This trophy was really a pain in the ass to get, and after that glitch, it couldn't get any worse. Well, I finally did it, and I'm happy now.
Also check out How to Earn More Achievements/Trophies

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Web Analytics